‘The 50 glorious years of KVS (1963-2013)'
The KVS which started as Central School Organization in 1963 was renamed as Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan in 1965. K.V. is a premier organization in India with 1089 schools catering to the educational needs of over ten and a half lakh students with 49,286 employees striving hard to achieve the goal.
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Hubli made a humble beginning in the year 1965 in the rented building in Hosur. Then the school was being run in shifts due to acute paucity of space. Only in the year 1985, it was shifted to Rajnagar. The Vidyalaya has grown over the years in terms of size, strength and formidable reputation. The enviable task of nurturing the talents of young hearts and minds and shaping their destiny by instilling sense of discipline, social justice, patriotic fervour and humane characteristics is what is aimed to be achieved here.
The school is equipped with modern facilities and educational aids. The students are encouraged to actively participate in sports for which necessary infrastructure is in place.
The Vidyalaya is proud of its alumni who are famous engineers, Doctors, bureaucrats, professionals and successful entity in their respective fields. We are in the process of collecting information update and the Alumni of this Vidyalaya are called upon to once again associate themselves and contribute to their Alma Mater and current generation.
The Vidyalaya has shifted back to old premises and occupied new school building on 01 April 2013.
Hon'ble Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Celebration of Kandriya Vidyalaya Sangathan on 06 Feb in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion, Hon'ble HRD Minister, Dr M.M. Pallam Raju said that KVS has adopted technology in a big way in order to bring substantial changes in classroom through ICT enabled facilities.